Teaching Assistant role
5 days a week
Choice Teachers is working with secondary schools in Hemel Hempstead that are looking for Teaching assisitant long term. This is great opportunity to gain experience within schools.
The Teaching assistant Role:
A teaching assistant works in schools providing support to current teaching teams by assisting classes and ensuring students are working on tasks. This is a key role within secondary schools in supporting them to function. The role has grown in recent years and almost every secondary school will engage in Teaching assistants. The role is a great way to be introduced into a school environment.
Some roles of a teaching assistant consist of:
- Getting the classroom ready for lessons and clearing away afterwards so as to maintain a safe and clean environment
- Assisting Teachers in preparing the lesson materials and school equipment
- Recording and reporting a pupil’s progress to the Teacher
- Supervising group activities, sports events and school outings
- Helping Teachers manage student behaviour
- Looking after children who are unwell or upset
- Providing a healthy and safe learning environment for children
Next Steps with us at Choice Teachers
- If you have any questions about this excellent opportunity, please reply to this advert with your CV or call to arrange a chat about this role in more detail with our dedicated Consultant who would be delighted to hear from you!
Equal Opportunities – Choice Teachers is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.