We are currently working with a Great School in Slough. They are looking for Teachers to work with a range of tasks in their secondary school.
The position is offered on a flexible basis and we can very much work around your diary on a week on week basis during term-time. The pupils require social/emotional support and a consistent calm and empathetic approach to feel happy, safe and calm at school.
The school need a teacher who is a great communicator, you need to be patient, resilient and show initiative. They are looking for a teacher who can provide consistent education, nurturing, well-being support for their students. Since you will be teaching students with Special Educational needs, it would be very desirable if you had previous experience teaching with a SEND school or supporting students with Special Educational Needs.
What we are looking for:
We are currently looking to recruit hard-working and passionate Teachers. This individual will need to be able to commit to supporting students within this school in Reading on an ongoing basis. There could also be long term opportunities within this school for the right person.
What the School are looking for in a Teacher: Experience working in a school for children with learning difficulties.
- Experience in a mixed class of children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs.
- Experience with students/adults with physical difficulty and autism. The ability to take the initiative and engage with children to support them in their work and play.
- The confidence to teach and make observations of their learning.
- Someone who can teach across key stages.
- To plan, support and encourage social interaction and engagement with others commensurate to needs
We would like to hear from you if:
- You are a Teacher with a SEND experience setting.
- You are a teaching assistant with previous experience working with students with specific needs – BUT also interested to hear if you don’t have ANY experience but just a passion and interest!
- You have a background and/or interest in Special Educational Needs
- Desirable: Have a SEND qualification/courses
- Have trained and understanding of manual handling and personal care.
- Have a caring and positive mindset to supporting student wellbeing.
- have a commitment to excellence
- engage pupils and facilitate outstanding learning
- be flexible, reliable and positive
- be a good communicator, attuning sensitive to a range of learners
- be enthusiastic and creative
- be an outstanding team player
- have a sense of humour, enthusiasm, an ability to work independently
- have resilience and imagination
- have either a qualification as an Intervener or be prepared to train as one
- Respect pupils’ social, cultural, linguistic, religious and ethnic backgrounds
- Be committed to raising/maintaining the educational achievement of pupils
- You must also be in possession of a Child Workforce DBS (registered on the Update Service) or be willing to apply for one (we can support with this process)
Next Steps with us at Choice Teachers
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please reply to this advert with your CV or call to arrange a chat about this role in more detail with our dedicated Consultant who would be delighted to hear from you!
Equal Opportunities – Choice Teachers is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.