Job Description: SEN Primary Teacher
We are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced SEN Primary Teacher to join our team in Wembley, Greater London. As an SEN Primary Teacher, you will be responsible for providing specialised support and education to primary school students with special educational needs (SEN).
- Plan, prepare, and deliver engaging lessons tailored to meet the individual needs of students with SEN.
- Create a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes students’ social, emotional, and academic development.
- Assess students’ abilities and develop Individual Education Plans (IEPs) to address their specific needs and learning goals.
- Use a variety of teaching strategies, resources, and technology to support students’ learning and engagement.
- Monitor and track students’ progress, providing regular feedback to students, parents, and relevant professionals.
- Collaborate with other teachers, support staff, and external agencies to ensure a coordinated approach for supporting students’ needs.
- Manage challenging behaviours effectively and implement appropriate behaviour management strategies.
- Promote inclusive practises and encourage the participation of students with SEN in mainstream activities.
- Attend staff meetings, training sessions, and professional development opportunities to enhance teaching techniques and knowledge.
- Maintain accurate records of students’ achievements, attendance, and other relevant information.
- A recognised teaching qualification (e.g., PGCE or QTS).
- Experience working as a primary school teacher.
- Specialist knowledge and experience in supporting students with SEN.
- Excellent understanding of the UK national curriculum.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt teaching methods to meet individual learning needs.
- Effective classroom management skills.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for working with students with SEN.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education or a relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience teaching primary school students.
- In-depth knowledge of SEN strategies, interventions, and resources.
- Familiarity with assistive technology and adaptive learning approaches.
- Strong organisational and time-management abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Proficient IT skills and ability to use educational software and tools.
- Additional training or qualifications in SEN education.
- Experience working with specific SEN conditions (e.g., autism, dyslexia, ADHD).
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and policies related to SEN.
- Experience in conducting assessments and writing reports.
As an SEN Primary Teacher, you will primarily work within a classroom setting in a primary school. The role may involve working with students on an individual basis or in small groups, depending on their needs. You will follow the school’s academic calendar and work during regular school hours. Collaborative work with other teachers and professionals is a key aspect of the role. The ability to manage challenging behaviours and adapt teaching methods is crucial. This position offers a competitive salary range of £36,745 – £47,666 per annum and includes benefits such as holiday leave and pension contributions.