Do you have a passion for changing & enhancing the lives of children and young people?
Are you looking to work school hours?
Choice Teachers are recruiting Learning Support Mentors/Teaching Assistants to work in secondary schools in the Skelmersdale and West Lancs area.
We have opportunities for day to day or long term placements, either part time or full time to provide temporary support within schools. We can be flexible to suit your requirements.
To be considered for this role, you MUST have a very good level of spoken English, if you do not have strong english speaking skills, please do not apply, you will not be considered for the role.
It is preferred that you drive and have access to a car as public transport in the area is poor and the schools in these locations are difficult to access on public transport.
- Be able to work on a flexible basis with pupils within small groups or on a one to one basis to build positive, professional relationships and help children overcome barriers to learning.
- Have experience dealing with challenging behaviour whether this be in an educational, residential or youth setting would be an advantage.
Working as a TA/Learning Support Mentor would be ideal for people looking to gain experience to enrol onto a PGCE, as well as people looking for a change in career.
Our agency is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DBS Certificate on the update service (or able to apply for one)
- A-Level educated or equivalent (desired)
- Experience of working with young people (which we can reference)(Desired)
- Two professional references
- Right to work in the UK.
What Choice Teachers offer
- Choice of Weekly or Monthly pay to suit you
- Competitive pay rates – All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
- Day to day or Long term placements to suit your needs.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations) – we make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
Our agency has evolved to become a successful, reliable and professional agency and is firmly established as the first-choice local agency for staff and schools alike.
Choice Teachers is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all applicants from all suitably qualified persons. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.