We are currently seeking a Nursery Room Leader with Third in Charge (age group 3-5yrs) up to join our team at a Nursery located in Chesham.
As a Nursery Nurse, you will play a crucial role in providing high-quality care and education to young children within a nurturing and stimulating environment.
- Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of children at all times.
- Plan, organise, and deliver stimulating age-appropriate activities and play opportunities.
- Support children’s learning and development through play, interactive activities, and educational resources.
- Promote positive behaviour management techniques and create a positive and inclusive atmosphere within the nursery.
- Observe and record children’s progress, achievements, and areas for improvement.
- Communicate effectively with parents and provide regular updates on their child’s development and well-being.
- Work collaboratively with other nursery staff to ensure a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Assist with daily routines, such as meal times, nappy changing, and nap times.
- Maintain cleanliness and hygiene standards within the nursery.
- Adhere to safeguarding policies and procedures to ensure the welfare of all children.
- Hold a Level 3 qualification in Childcare or Early Years Education.
- Valid and up-to-date First Aid certification.
- Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance.
A minimum of a Level 3 qualification in Childcare or Early Years Education is required for this role.
- Birthday off in addition to your annual year allowance
- Probation pass reward
- Annual Salary Review
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Additional days holiday for every 2 years service
- 2 annual inset training days
- Free Breakfast
- Employee of the Month Gift
- Discounted Childcare of 40%
- Continued opportunities for professional growth
- Access to our engaging online training platform
- Company Events/Team Bonding Socials
- Staff Appreciation Rewards
- Employee referral scheme
Knowledge and Skills
- Thorough understanding of child development and age-appropriate learning.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build positive relationships with children, parents, and colleagues.
- Strong organisational and time management abilities.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety regulations.
- Additional qualifications in Early Years Education or related field.
- Training in safeguarding and child protection.
This is a full-time permanent position, with the expectation of working 40 hours per week.