Job Description: Exams Officer
Exams Officer – Term Time, Permenant, immediate start
Education and Training
£25,409 – £27,852 FTE. (Actual £18,517 – £20,297)
*DBS IS REQUIRED, OR YOU MUST BE WLLING TO APPLY FO ONE WHEN ASKED*
FULL TIME AND PART TIME HOURS AVAILABLE
The Exams Officer will be responsible for coordinating and administering all aspects of examinations within the educational institution. Key duties include:
- Organising and scheduling examination timetables, ensuring all exams are accurately planned and communicated to students, staff, and relevant stakeholders.
- Managing exam registration processes, including collecting necessary documentation, verifying student eligibility, and maintaining accurate records.
- Coordinating exam venues, ensuring appropriate facilities are arranged and prepared, and overseeing the invigilation process.
- Liaising with exam boards, external agencies, and relevant authorities to ensure compliance with examination regulations and guidelines.
- Managing the secure storage and distribution of examination papers and materials, maintaining confidentiality and adhering to strict protocols.
- Overseeing the arrangements for students with additional needs, including coordinating reasonable adjustments and providing appropriate support.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely submission of examination entries, results, and relevant data to exam boards and relevant authorities.
- Resolving any issues or discrepancies related to examinations, collaborating with staff, students, and stakeholders to find appropriate solutions.
- Keeping up-to-date with changes in examination regulations, policies, and procedures, and implementing necessary adjustments to ensure compliance.
- Providing support and guidance to students and staff regarding examination-related queries and concerns.
To be considered for the role of Exams Officer, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in administrative roles, preferably within an educational setting.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional organisational and time management abilities.
- Punctuality and attention to detail.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position.
Candidates should have prior experience in administrative roles, preferably within an educational setting.
Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate should possess the following knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of examination regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
While not required, the following qualifications are preferred for the role of Exams Officer:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Experience in coordinating examinations or similar assessment processes.
- Familiarity with exam board requirements and procedures.
The Exams Officer will primarily work in an office or educational environment. The role may involve occasional evening or weekend work during peak examination periods. The individual will collaborate with various stakeholders, including students, teaching staff, exam boards, and external agencies.