Choice Teachers are currently working with a number of secondary schools in and around Wigan that require passionate cover supervisors to work full time and part time on a temporary supply basis.
If you are looking to gain classroom experience before considering a career in education, or have the passion to work with and teach young people, this is the opportunity for you!
The role of a Cover Supervisor is diverse and challenging but also very rewarding. As a Cover Supervisor in a secondary school you will supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of secondary class teachers. You will be managing student behaviour in line with the school’s policies and procedures, as well as supporting students in undertaking learning activities across the curriculum. You will be delivering the work set by the absent teacher, you will not be required to plan or mark lessons. Work set will not require a subject specialist to teach it.
To excel in this role, you should
- Be comfortable in being at the front of the classroom, managing a classroom and ensuring learners stay on task.
- Able to create a positive learning environment has good and strong classroom management
- Able to provide support to learners.
- Present work from a lesson plan to the students
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Be confident and enthusiastic with a passion for teaching
- Adaptable, flexible, be able to work at short notice and get to schools quickly
- Be able to manage large groups of students, some of whom may display challenging behaviour
- Be able to work on your own initiative
What Choice Teachers offer
- Choice of Weekly or Monthly pay to suit you
- Cover Supervisor Training
- Competitive pay rates – All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
- Day to day or Long term placements to suit your needs.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations) – we make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- Educated to A-level or Degree level is desired
- DBS Certificate on the update service or be able to obtain one
- Two professional references
- Right to work in the UK.
To be considered for this role, you MUST have a very good level of spoken English, if you do not have strong english speaking skills, please do not apply, you will not be considered for the role.
Our agency has evolved to become a successful, reliable and professional agency and is firmly established as the first-choice local agency for staff and schools alike.
Choice Teachers is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all applicants from all suitably qualified persons. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.