Are you ready to make a real difference to the lives of students with Social, Emotional or Mental Health needs (SEMH) that often come from vulnerable and challenging backgrounds?
My school who are a secondary SEMH school, is an established and well respected organisation in the Leigh area.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am-3:30pm.
- Provide small group & 1:1 support to students aged 11-16 with Social, Emotional or Mental Health needs (SEMH) and challenging behaviours.
- Holistic approach that starts by building strong, honest, transparent and trusting relationships with pupils in order to combat the difficulties they face that include social & emotional needs.
- Assist in implementing personalised learning plans, tailored to individual students’ requirements.
- You will demonstrate a calm nature to guide the students.
- Previous experience supporting children or young adults that display challenging behaviours.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships.
- Resilience, patience, and a compassionate approach to supporting vulnerable learners
- Candidates with a background as a Teaching Assistant, Support Worker, Residential Support Worker, Mental Health practitioner or Youth Worker will be considered
As a company we can offer a flexible approach to gaining experience within local Special Needs Schools. We have an option of day to day, long term, full time, and part time vacancies, allowing the successful candidate to gain valuable experience to progress further within their desired career.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- DBS Certificate on the update service or willing to get one.
- Right to work in the UK
- Two professional references
What Choice Teachers offer
- Choice of Weekly or Monthly pay to suit you
- Competitive pay rates – All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations) – we make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
Choice Teachers are an education specific recruitment organisation focused on finding you the best jobs in a wide spectrum of schools across the UK. We offer various staffing solutions for any school from; Specialist Schools, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, Infant and Nursery Schools.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work in a unique environment, contributing to the growth and development of children with additional needs by offering support in a range of subjects across the school curriculum.