Choice Teachers are working with a Secondary School in Oldham who are looking for an experienced an Secondary School Cover Manager and Exams Officer, who has experience working within a school setting, to co-ordinate the daily teaching cover requirements, co-ordinate educational visits and events, and to organise the school diary and calendar to ensure effective planning to meet the schools requirements. This role is to start as soon as possible on a full-time, temporary on-going basis with potential to obtain a contract with the school permanently, for the right candidate.
You must experience working in a School Office, producing and maintaining the daily cover rota to ensure an equitable use of cover staff in terms of frequency and budget restraints, you will work closely with the HR Manager to ensure cover work is received where appropriate and must be confident completing forms and liaising with the finance team, as well as planning and organising whole school events by liaising with trip proposers and senior leaders, and booking transport and venues where required.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Have experience working in a busy school office.
- Be a proficient IT user, and ideally have experience using the Parent Pay system.
- Great communication is a must as you will be communicating with the HR manager in respect of absent staff and liaising with outside agencies to ensure cover work is received where appropriate.
- Be organised and use time efficiently to ensure cover requirements are met and to maintain the schools busy diary and calendar.
- Be responsible for planning, organising and the co-ordination of the whole schools events, by monitoring the planning of all visits via the online system, booking transport and venues where necessary and ensuring the smooth, effective running of the events.
- organising pupil exam timetables
- Oldham based work.
- 24/7 consultant support from our experienced, friendly and welcoming consultants who handle all the admin to make your journey with the school seamless.
- DBS Certificate on the update service
- Two professional reference
- Right to work in the UK.
- Previous experience working with exams boards such as AQA, Edexcel etc
What we offer
- Choice of Weekly or Monthly pay to suit you
- Competitive pay rates – All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations) – we make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
Choice Teachers are an education specific recruitment organisation focused on finding you the best jobs in a wide spectrum of schools across the UK and have been in the industry for over 15 years. We offer various staffing solutions for any school from; Specialist Schools, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, Infant and Nursery Schools.