High-Level Teaching Assistant (Term-time)
We are currently working with an All-through school Northampton, Northamptonshire that is looking for Teaching Assistants to work with a range of tasks in their primary school.
The Assistant will be providing 1-1 support.
The position is offered on a temporary basis. The pupil requires social/emotional support and a consistent calm and empathetic approach to feel happy, safe, and calm at school. We are very much about putting the child first! Training is available.
The school are looking for someone to start ASAP.
What we are looking for:
We are currently looking to recruit a hard-working and passionate Teaching Assistant. This individual will need to be able to commit to supporting students within this school in Reading on an ongoing basis. You must be familiar with working with pecs and Makaton. There could also be long-term opportunities within this school for the right person.
We would like to hear from you if:
- You are a teaching assistant with previous experience working with students with specific needs
- You have a background and/or interest in Special Educational Needs
- Experience of working with children of relevant age in a learning environment
- Understand SEND procedures (Special Educational Needs)
- Undertake appropriate professional development and positively participate in the appraisal of own performance
- Desirable: Have a SEND qualification/courses
- Have trained and understanding of manual handling and personal care.
- Have a caring and positive mindset to supporting student wellbeing.
- You must be available for ad hoc daily work or even more of a permanent position
- You must also be in possession of a Child Workforce DBS (registered on the Update Service) or be willing to apply for one (we can support this process)
To apply for this position please send us your CV. Please do not hesitate to contact me for more information regarding this role.
We look forward to hearing from you!