Job Title: Assistant Headteacher (Multiple Positions Available)
Location: Redbridge, London
This school is seeking highly motivated and experienced educators to join our dynamic leadership team as Assistant Headteachers. With four positions available, successful candidates will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the academic and personal development of our students.
The following responsibilities will be divided among successful candidates after the recruitment process:
Behaviour Systems and Routines:
- Implement and refine effective behavior management systems.
- Foster a positive and inclusive school culture.
- Work collaboratively with staff to ensure consistency in disciplinary procedures.
- Oversee the implementation of robust safeguarding policies.
- Provide training to staff on safeguarding procedures.
- Act as a designated safeguarding lead, ensuring a safe and secure learning environment.
Mental Health and Student Wellbeing:
- Develop and implement strategies to support student mental health and wellbeing.
- Collaborate with external agencies to provide additional support when necessary.
- Promote a culture of open communication and emotional resilience within the school community.
- Lead initiatives to improve academic outcomes.
- Provide guidance on effective teaching and learning strategies.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement and implement targeted interventions.
Data, Assessment, and Intervention:
- Oversee the school’s data management and assessment systems.
- Use data to inform decision-making and drive improvements.
- Develop and implement intervention strategies to support individual student needs.
- Monitor and analyze attendance data.
- Implement strategies to improve overall attendance rates.
- Work closely with families and external agencies to address attendance issues.
Personal Development, PSHE, and Tutor Time:
- Design and implement personal development programs.
- Oversee PSHE curriculum delivery.
- Provide guidance on effective tutor time activities.
Enrichment and the Wider Curriculum:
- Develop and enhance the school’s enrichment programs.
- Ensure a broad and balanced curriculum that meets the needs of all students.
- Foster a love for learning beyond the classroom.
- Cultivate and nurture student leadership opportunities.
- Empower students to take an active role in school decision-making.
- Develop and implement leadership training programs.
Student Character Development:
- Implement initiatives to enhance students’ character development.
- Foster a sense of responsibility, resilience, and empathy.
- Promote values that contribute to positive social and emotional growth.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and relevant teaching experience.
- Proven leadership experience in a school setting.
- Strong understanding of educational policies and practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are passionate about education and possess the skills and experience necessary to contribute to the success of our school, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining your relevant experience and how you meet the requirements of the role.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references will be required for the successful candidates.